REALTORS® have the training, knowledge and experience to help you every step of the way – from the moment you think about buying or selling to the time when the business transaction is finalized.
Not every licensed or registered broker or salesperson is a REALTOR®. To be a REALTOR®, the agent must be a member of The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). And to be a member of CREA, an agent is expected to be:
- Committed to the REALTOR® Code: The code is the accepted standard of conduct for all real estate practitioners who are REALTORS®. It’s your guarantee of professional conduct and the quality service. Read more about the REALTOR® Code.
- Knowledgeable about developments in real estate: A REALTOR® can get you the information needed to make an informed decision: comparable prices, neighborhood trends, housing market conditions, and more.
- Actively updating education: Through courses, workshops, and other professional development, a REALTOR® maintains a high level of current knowledge about real estate.
- Access: REALTORS® have access to Board MLS® Systems, which facilitate the cooperate sale of properties to benefit consumers.
Furthermore, Local REALTORS®:
- are professionally trained and know our local real estate market.
- are knowledgeable about our local politics, environmental issues, new and potential residential and commercial developments.
- are knowledgeable about our local neighbourhoods, schools, and community amenities.
- live, work and play in our area.
Whether buying or selling a home, a REALTOR® is there every step of the way to provide professional advice based on their knowledge about the local market and is committed to serve with integrity and competence.